Word of mouth is a wonderful way to advertise my work with diabetes support groups. I recently received a call from a person who had heard me speak at another group. She invited me to meet with her support group on June 28, 2012…tomorrow.
This morning I decided to tell my readers what I plan to do:
- Check in with attendees to determine what they’re working on or challenged by, then create a dynamic agenda to meet their needs.
- Connect with inner feelings and emotions
- Being joyful
- Dealing with your gremlin (internal chatter)
- Establishing realistic goals
- Support team
- My story
- Questions for the group
- How do you feel about your diabetes?
- Do you have a positive attitude toward life? Toward your diabetes?
- Is there any personal value to having diabetes?
- Handouts – I have an extensive file of diabetes articles and I’ll copy selected documents for attendees.
I know from experience working with support groups that most of those present will “hate” their diabetes and if I’m right, we’ll talk about building a relationship with their disease. I believe that we diabetics know a great deal about effective blood sugar management and I plan to mine that information for the benefit of all.
I’ll do a post on Sunday, July 1 to provide an update on the session…stay tuned.